SpectrumData's Research and Development Program
SpectrumData is recognised as an authority on data management and storage trends. As an industry leader, SpectrumData are regularly asked for opinions, technical input and commentary on growing trends and new technology for editorial in various industry publications. We have also been asked to present papers and deliver presentations at many industry events on data management.
In conjunction with our data management partners, SpectrumData have also worked on R&D projects with academic and educational institutions, such as the University of Western Australian and Curtin University.
SpectrumData invest heavily in the development of bespoke and proprietary software for in-house applications specific to the requirements of our various clients and the needs dictated by their relevant industry. Off the shelf commercial solutions are not always relevant or applicable within the industry, and SpectrumData have constantly worked towards developing solutions to meet very specific client requirements. To achieve our results, we maintain our own IT group and software development capabilities as well as stay abreast of technological advancements through our technical community collaborations.
Publication and Presentation of Papers
In support of our data management capabilities, our commitment to the preservation of valuable data sets and our general approach to new technology and industry trends, SpectrumData have written many papers and had a multitude of articles published on the preservation and management of data assets and archives.
As an industry leader in seismic data management, preservation and storage, SpectrumData personnel have been invited to present papers and deliver presentations at many industry events on geophysical data management. Some of these events include:
- PNEC (Petroleum Data Integration, Information & Data Management), Houston, TX USA
- Storage Networking World, Sydney, Australia
- Government Technology World, Canberra, Australia
- PPDM (Public Petroleum Data Model Association), Perth, Australia
- APPEA, Perth, Australia
- ASEG/PESA (Australian Society Exploration Geophysicists) Conference, Australia
- RMAA (Records Management Association of Australia), Sydney, Australia
- E&P Knowledge, Information and Data Management Conference, Perth, Australia
- E&P Knowledge & Data Management in Asian Oil & Gas, Malaysia
- CCOP / PETRAD E&P Data Management Seminar, China
- PETRAD - International Programme for Petroleum Management and Administration
- CCOP – Coordinating Committee for GeoScience Programmes in East & South East Asia
- Petronas / PETRAD E&P Data Management Conference, Malaysia
- PETRAD Petroleum Data Management Conference Indonesia
- PETRAD E&P Data Management Conference, Bangladesh
- Indonesian Association of Geologists Convention, Indonesia
- PESA Monthly Technical Meeting, Melbourne,
- Australia PETRAD workshops and seminars - guest lecturer and data management consultant.